The CAT Exam is the most prominent management examination conducted for admission to IIMs and other prestigious management schools. Each year, in the month of November, the online exam is held, and the 2022 exam will most likely be held in the last week of November. The CAT Exam covers a wide range of topics, including data interpretation and logical reasoning, verbal ability and reading comprehension, and quantitative ability. A candidate must have a bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 50% to be qualified for the CAT Exam, and 45 % in the case of candidates from the reserved categories. Sincere efforts and consistent preparation will help students ace the exam with flying colours.
The Common Admission Test (CAT) is the only criterion for admission to the IIMs’ two-year postgraduate programmes, and no other MBA entrance exam scores are accepted by the IIMs for Indian nationals. Six to nine months of focused preparation is required prior to taking the exam. There are 66 questions in all, separated into three categories. This is a two-hour computer-based assessment. The secret to passing this exam is to plan ahead and use time wisely. It’s critical to include concepts that are appropriate for candidates’ study methods and to stick to a regular timetable. Candidates might improve their exam performance by revising on time and practising on previous years’ question papers.
CAT Exam Syllabus
- The Aptitude section includes topics from Time & Work, Number system, Averages, Simplification, Simple Interest, Time & Distance, Inequalities, Series & Sequence, Permutation & Combination, Mensuration.
- Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning section includes questions from Seating arrangement, Tables & Graphs, Data Charts, Line Chart, Venn Diagrams, Puzzles, Calendars etc.
- The Reading Comprehension questions dominate the VARC Section. Other topics include Para Jumbles, Para Summary, Cloze tests etc.
Benefits of an MBA degree
The exceeding benefits of pursuing an MBA degree from the IIMs and top management institutions in the college will make candidates understand Why MBA degree has been the sought after degree for so many years. The hard work and strenuous schedule at college pays off when the graduate completes the degree. Listed below are some of the benefits of pursuing an MBA degree.
- Management graduates are guaranteed job opportunities available soon after they complete their degree and even while they are studying.
- Lucrative benefits and better remuneration is a reason why the demand for an MBA degree is always on the rise.
- Students get access to a wider professional spectrum where they can stay in touch with the experts in the field and always have access to the professional world.
- Students get a lot of exposure to the real-time working environment through internships, training, research etc.
- Students become better decision-makers. This will help them thrive in the corporate environment where they take decisions at the right time for the benefit of the company.
- They become better leaders. An MBA degree hones an individual’s communication and leadership skills.
- International companies are always looking to hire MBA graduates. By pursuing an MBA degree the chances of working for your dream company increases.